Community Living BC workers negotiate improvements to collective agreement.
Vancouver (05 Feb. 2015) — Members of the B.C. Government and Service Employees' Union (BCGEU/NUPGE) have ratified the Community Living BC (CLBC) collective agreement.
Ninety-three percent of the bargaining unit voted in favour of accepting the agreement. The five-year deal expires March 31, 2019.
The agreement follows the pattern of public sector wage settlements of 5.5 per cent over the life of the contract. Other gains include:
- increases to paramedical coverage over the term of the agreement
- the Memorandum on Employment Security renewed
- improved job selection and appeal processes
- increases to expense allowances
- an innovative Collaboration Agreement that gives the bargaining unit members meaningful input on CLBC's strategic and operational planning processes.
More than 500 BCGEU/NUPGE members work for the CLBC.
The National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE) is one of Canada's largest labour organizations with over 340,000 members. Our mission is to improve the lives of working families and to build a stronger Canada by ensuring our common wealth is used for the common good. NUPGE