Congratulations to members of the B.C. public service on their recent negotiations.
Vancouver (08 Aug. 2019) — The new 18th Main Public Service Agreement and Component Agreements are in effect as of April 1, 2019. Members of the B.C. Government and Service Employees' Union (BCGEU/NUPGE) who work in the public service ratified these agreements last year following 5 weeks of negotiations.
The agreements are for 3 years and expire on March 31, 2022. The main agreement features many improvements, such as
- a 2% general wage increase in each year of the agreement
- improvements in benefits and the addition of dual coverage
- addresses labour market pressures in specific occupations
- expands bullying and harassment language
- achieves special leave for members experiencing domestic violence.
You can download the draft version of the main agreement here.
Download PDF files of draft component agreements:
The National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE) is one of Canada's largest labour organizations with over 390,000 members. Our mission is to improve the lives of working families and to build a stronger Canada by ensuring our common wealth is used for the common good. — NUPGE