Wage increases and other improvements for two groups of employees in Victoria.
Victoria (14 May 2010) - Members of the B.C. Government and Service Employees' Union (BCGEU/NUPGE), who work for the Salvation Army’s Addictions and Rehabilitation Centre (ARC) and the Salvation Army National Recycling Operations (SANRO) in Victoria, have ratified a new collective agreement.
The employees are members of BCGEU's Community Social Services component (301).
ARC workers approved an agreement that includes these highlights:
- Wage increases averaging 4% in the first year and 3% in the second and third years of the agreement.
- New language on harassment, casual workers and health and safety.
- An increase in employer and member contributions for RRSPs.
Highlights of the SANRO agreement include:
- Wage increases of 3% in the first year and 2% in each of the second and third years.
- A $300 signing bonus.
- Vacation increases.
- New anti-harassment language.
The National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE) is one of Canada's largest labour organizations with over 340,000 members. Our mission is to improve the lives of working families and to build a stronger Canada by ensuring our common wealth is used for the common good. NUPGE