You can make a difference in someone’s life
Ottawa (7 Dec. 2007) - December 10th is Human Rights Day. Thousands of people will gather in Canada and all around the world to participate in Amnesty International’s largest and most exciting letter-writing event – Write for Rights.
It’s easy and fun to participate and your letter-writing can make a profound difference in someone’s life. You can get involved on your own, join a group of friends or mobilize your school, workplace or faith community. You can find all the letter-writing actions, fundraising ideas and tips you’ll need at this web address:
How to get involved
Here are a few common steps to follow, whether you are planning a write-a-thon for yourself or for hundreds:
- Register and share your plans to participate in the global letter-writing marathon.
- Plan and promote your event – order resources, check publicity ideas and plan media coverage.
- Get sponsors if you choose.
- View letter-writing cases.
- Write lots of letters and fill out petitions on the Amnesty website.
- Report back on December 10th and watch the online letter counter rise! NUPGE